Sally Chuma ~ Independent Midwife
“The moment has arrived,kindly give me the opportunity to walk and support you as you welcome your new family member in the world.Ushering babies into this world is my calling and passion.”
Sally qualified as Professional nurse ( General,community Psychiatric) and midwife in 2005 . Have both Private and Public hospital experience. Worked in hospitals like Charlotte Maxeke JHB Hospital and Barangwanath. Also had opportunity to work in the Middle East Countries-Saudi Arabia & Bahrain.
Why I choose Midwifery
My birth experience as teenager, had a big influence on the career I chose . During birth I was treated as a VIP; with kindness, calm and with respect . I was informed about the process of labour and assisted with natural pain management. On my discharge day as I left with my healthy baby boy , I told myself I want to be a midwife and am going to do the best for my people.
- I am very calm and patient person . It’s important to practice patiency and faith when opting for natural birth or progressing a patient .As each pregnancy is unique
- I have passion of my calling,so remain supportive and calm throughout labour.
- l love babies ,so it gives me joy to usher a healthy baby to mom’s chest and dad’s arms.
- I am safe practitioner so follow all relevant protocols of Genesis Clinic and covering Doctors
- I respect all cultures and religions practices
- Antenatal care and continuous health education. every 4 weeks 16-28 week
- Every 2 weeks till 34 weeks and there after on a weekly basis till your miracle is born .
- Labour and birth care , working hand to hand with doulas and obstetricians
- Postnatal care
Sally: 083 216 1489 or 060 528 7091