Independent Midwife in Private Practice
“" Natural labour and birthing is mind blowing. Empowering and guiding a mom towards the natural process of holding her baby in her arms is fulfilling. When I hear that first cry and I see the look on mom and dad's face, that special moment, is what keeps my passion alive... I love my job" ”
Congratulations on your pregnancy! You are about to explore a journey of a lifetime.
Pregnancy is a beautiful journey towards labour and birthing. It can be an empowering experience when a mom is given an opportunity to make decisions on her labour and birthing process. The guidance of a passionate, experienced and qualified Midwife is important in aligning with your wishes and beliefs regarding labour and birthing. Every expectant mom is unique. Her expectations and fears of the process leading to holding the baby in her arms requires a personal touch towards that special moment.
Eleven years experience of being a Midwife in the public sector as well as the private sector. Having worked in the Public Sector, namely Steve Biko Academic Hospital in Pretoria has empowered me with skills of tertiary hospital level , which will always be crucial in detecting abnormalities. I was in the team that opened Mediclinic Meulmed Maternity Ward when it started in 2012. I have worked in Netcare Femina in Pretoria which is a women only hospital in their Labour Ward. My skills were sharpened in this hospital. This is where I was awarded Carer of the Year award in 2016 in Gauteng Region. Working in The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia also contributed positively in my experience as a Midwife, having seen and been exposed to international standards of Midwifery, empowered me tremendously.
- Regular check – ups from 16 weeks are scheduled by appointment. Referral to a Genesis affiliated gynaecologist is done.
- Followed by another consultation at 20 weeks, 24 weeks, 28 weeks and then at 30 weeks, 32 weeks and 34 weeks…
- At 36 weeks a consultation with a gynaecologist then at 38 weeks consult with me again and every week thereafter until birth.
- A total assesment of mother and baby’ s well being is done on all the above consultations.
- Antenatal Consults at your convenience
- Post Natal Consults in the comfort of your own home
- Pep Smear
- Comfort during labour
- Hands – off approach during labour
- Natural Pain Relief Techniques
- Attending to your birth
Should further information be needed, please contact me by Whatsapp, SMS, Voice Calls or email. I look forward to assisting you in facilitating this beautiful journey.
Times: Wednesdays from 08:00 to 12:00.
Venue: On appointment at Genesis Maternity Clinic
Lilo on 081 234 8804 or 083 299 0860