"There is a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” ~ Laura Stave Harm"
I am Laurette C Brand. I have two children. They were natural births in hospital. I have been a Birth Doula for ten years and have worked with different midwives and gynaecologists and have done community work done at the Johannesburg general hospital.
- I am a DOSA Doula and did my training with Village Doulas.
- I am a therapeutic pregnancy massage therapist.
- I have done breast feeding training with Marie- Louis Steyn.
- Advanced techniques training with Midwife/Doula Jacky- Bloomraad de Boer, which included Moxa, cupping, Reboza , pressure points and homeopathic remedies in labour) .
- Training with Midwife Ruth Ehrhardt = Listening skills , sexual abuse triggers, triggers points and helping baby’s breath.
- Belly binding.
- Bereavement training done with Mama Nurture.
My purpose is to help others in such a way it makes a difference to them and their family .My aim is to help you get what you want. A birth that is well planned and with a team that will assist you at all times. I do not get involved in any medical situations instead my role is to give you emotional/physical or any other support you will need. I assist with laboring positions/massage/ breathing and relaxing techniques to help you achieve a positive birth experience.
Laurette 082 946 8803