Choosing you care with the In-House/Staff Midwives, entails that you the In-House/Staff Midwife on duty will assess you at your antenatal consultations and on the day of your birth, you will also be under the care of the House/Staff Midwife on duty on that day.
Our In-House/Staff Midwives are qualified medical professionals who provide supportive and comprehensive antenatal care to low risk women. Our team of experienced nurses and midwives are highly trained to prepare you for the arrival of your little one and will support you throughout your pregnancy and your birth. They will also provide excellent postnatal care for you and your baby. We pride ourselves on the individual care our midwives provide during your labour and your stay at Genesis Maternity Clinic.
The Genesis In-House/Staff Midwives will ensure that you are well prepared, both physically and emotionally during your pregnancy and for the birth of your baby. You will receive all the necessary check-ups and education at your antenatal consultations, including a referral for your appointment(s) with a Genesis Clinic affiliated Obstetrician.
- There will be plenty of time to ask questions, discuss desires and expectations, and get to know your midwife.
- An assumption that pregnancy is a normal, healthy state.
- Generous information and support.
- An expectation that you will participate in all decisions regarding your care.
- Regular risk assessment, including monitoring blood pressure, hands-on belly checks and baby’s heartbeat checks at every visit.
- Routine blood tests done during antenatal visits
- Referrals for ultrasound scans and consultations to a Genesis affiliated Obstetrician.
- You will start your antenatal care at 16 weeks (and no later than 35 weeks).
- Monthly consultations until approximately 28 weeks.
- From 28-36 weeks:every two weeks.
- 36 to birth:weekly visits.
- More frequent visits are available at any time for any reason.
Costs for the Genesis In-House/Staff Midwives Antenatal Consultations
- First antenatal consultation: R400
- Antenatal Check-ups: R300
- Birth Plan and Postnatal Check-up: R400
Cost for the Genesis In-House/Staff Midwives Delivery Fee: R6500
One of the appointed Genesis In-House/Staff Midwives on duty will provide comforting support, grounded reassurance and professional clinical care on the day of the birth of your baby. We have all the necessary medical back-up in the event of a caesarean section that may be needed.
How to book your appointment with the Genesis In-House/Staff Midwives
Please email email@example.com with the following details if you are enquiring about making a booking with the Genesis In-House/Staff Midwives:
- Your full name and contact details so that we can contact you.
- How many weeks pregnant you are.
- If you on medical aid or non-medical aid (*all babies must be covered by a medical aid at birth for moms to be eligible to birth at Genesis Maternity Clinic. Dads/partners can enquire with their medical aid about putting their babies on their medical aid if the mother is unable to.)
- If you are moving over your care you must bring all your medical records with you from your previous care provider.
- Please state the following:
- Are you a first time mother.
- Are you a second time mom, with previous natural birth(s)
- Mothers can only have a VBAC of they have had one previous Caesarean section. Women must choose an Independent Midwife who does VBAC births as part of her practice and book a consultation directly with her to assess if mom is a suitable candidate for a VBAC, (or rather a TOLAC, “Trial of Labour After Caesarean). Mothers will not be able use the services of the In-House Midwives if they want to try for a VBAC.