Genesis Maternity Facilities
Genesis Maternity Clinic is a 14 bed facility which comprises two labour rooms, four semi private recovery rooms and eight fully private rooms with their own birthing baths. Our eight fully private rooms are our most popular choice and due to this we wish to remind our clients that they are available on a first come, first serve basis on the day of labour. Because of this we only require payment for the private room of R1 650 to be made at the time of discharge. Should the private rooms be full our mommies in labour who wish to be in a fully private room, will be accommodated in our semi private unit until they can be moved to a private room if one becomes available. The private room fee of R1 650 will then be payable on discharge as well.
You will choose to have your care with either an Independent Midwife or the Staff/In-House Midwives from the beginning of your pregnancy. The Independent Midwife or the Staff/In-House Midwives will assess you at your antenatal consultations and when you go into labour, you will give birth supported by either your chosen Independent Midwife or the Staff/In-House Midwives. Read how to start your antenatal care from Step 1.
Private Luxury Family Room
Our luxury family rooms are absolutely private. You are able to have the comfort and safety of going through labour and the birth supported by the midwife, in a room equipped with its own water birth bath should you wish to opt for a water birth. Partners are an important part of the birthing process and we encourage partners/dads to be part of the process, so that the new family can start bonding from the very beginning. After the birth, you, your baby and your partner will be able to recover and bond together in the one large room which is equipped with a king-sized bed. Extra costs do apply for the private room.
Private room features:
- Each mom stays in her own, beautifully appointed private room through the entire labour, birth and recuperation period.
- Dad/partner rooms in with mom and baby.
- The rooms are large with king sized beds and cribs to accommodate rooming in, are decorated with a touch of style to create an environment of tranquillity and comfort and open on to their own enclosed, private gardens.
- Each room has an en suite bathroom with a water birth bath for labour as well as a shower and toilet for convenience.
- Visiting hours are is at the discretion of mothers, with no visiting hours stipulated by the clinic itself, however we do stipulate no later than 10pm in respect of other mothers in the clinic resting.
There are four semi-private rooms to recuperate in and moms birth in one of the two private labour and birth-rooms, which include a water birth bath, providing women with the choice to have a water birth if desired. After the birth, you and your baby will be able to recover in one of the four semi-private rooms. Families are encouraged to bond with their new baby while midwives continue to provide supportive care. At Genesis Clinic, the environment and service is designed to make you feel comfortable and safe while ensuring optimum care for you and your precious newborn.
Semi-private room features:
- Each mom recuperates in a semi-private room with a single bed and a shared en suite shower and toilet. (Dads/partners are not able to sleep over).
- The semi-private rooms each have a door which opens onto a balcony on the upper second floor.
- Visiting is at the discretion of mothers, with no visiting hours stipulated by the clinic itself, however we do stipulate no later than 10pm in respect of other mothers in the clinic resting.