The HypnoBirthing Childbirth method is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing, and stress-free method of birthing.
What is HypnoBirthing?
Theoni Papoutsis is a Registered HypnoBirthing Facilitator, is affiliated with the HypnoBirthing Institute. Theoni is one of only a few certified HypnoBirthing practitioners in South Africa and she has 10 years of experience in teaching this course. Using HypnoBirthing methods she teaches mothers and partners techniques that facilitate safe and satisfying birthing. These include guided imagery, visualization, and special breathing.
Theoni has had the honour of attending hundreds of births. Through the two decades worth of firsthand experience that she has gained by being involved in the world of pregnancy, childbirth and motherhood, she has honed a unique and wide range of expertise that help her to be a compassionate and knowledgeable guide for women during various transitions from wanting to start a family, through pregnancy, birth and motherhood.
What you will learn
The HypnoBirthing Childbirth method is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing, and stress-free method of birthing. HypnoBirthing teaches you and your partner to call upon your body’s own natural relaxant, thereby lessening, even eliminating, discomfort and the need for medication.
- How achieve a safer, easier and more comfortable birth.
- How to explode the myth that pain is a necessary accompaniment to labour.
- What is wrong with the concept of labour as it exists with most other childbirth methods.
- Techniques to achieve deep relaxation in order to help you eliminate the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome.
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture and birth your baby with ease and comfort.
- How to create your body’s own natural relaxant, the only safe labour enhancement.
- Natural ways to bring your body into labour without artificial, chemical induction.
- How you and your partner can create a birthing environment that is calm, serene and joyful, rather than tense and stressful.
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world.
- Using your natural birthing instincts to birth your baby in a way that mirrors the way that nature intended.
Weekend Day Courses
R2500 per couple
Weekend Courses are held over a weekend; Friday: 18:30 to 20:30, Saturday 08:30 to 13:00 and Sunday 08:30 to 13:00.
- 17,18 & 19 January 2020.
- 13, 14 & 15 March 2020.
- 29, 30 & 31 May 2020.
- 12, 13 & 14 June 2020.
- 17, 18 & 19 July 2020.
- 28, 29 & 30 August 2020.
- 11, 12 & 13 September
- 23, 24 & 25 October 2020.
- 27, 28 & 29 November 2020.
Weekday Evening Courses
R2300 per couple
Weekday Courses are held over five consecutive Wednesday evenings from 19:00 to 21:30.
- 5, 12, 19, 26 February & 4 March 2020.
- 1, 8, 15, 22 & 29 April 2020.
- 4, 11, 18 & 25 November & 2 December 2020.
Book your course
Includes a HypnoBirthing book, 2 CD’s, notes, refreshments and light snack. New parents share their HypnoBirthing experience at each course.
Venue: Genesis Clinic Training Room