Come and spend a weekend with Mother Instinct to prepare you for your birthing. At our antenatal classes we use a variety of teaching methods to ensure active participation.
Mother Instinct Antenatal Workshops
Tertia Alkema is the co-owner of Mother Instinct and is the workshop facilitator. She is a mother of two boys and wife of a loving supportive husband. She works full time as a Doula and Childbirth Educator with 10 years of experience.
What our course covers
At our antenatal classes we use a variety of teaching methods to ensure active participation.
- Optimise the chances of a good birth experience.
- Equip you with information to make informed choices.
- What to expect during labour and birth.
- Clarify what a woman’s needs are during labour.
- Demistifying pain during labour and birth.
- Explanation of different pain relief methods.
- Signs of labour and when to contact your birth team.
- Body movement and positions for labour.
- What your birth partner and /or Doula can do for you.
- Your birth plan.
- Making difficult decisions during labour and birth.
- Providing guidance for birth partner.
- Breastfeeding basics.
- The early days with your new baby.
R1850 per couple
Each couple receives selected resource information and new parents share their experience at each workshop. Includes tea/coffee and muffins.
Venue: Genesis Clinic Training Room
Workshops are held over a weekend from 08:30 to 13:00.
- 16 & 17 November 2019
- 7 & 8 December 2019
- 11 & 12 January 2020
- 29 February & 1 March 2020
- 21 & 22 March 2020
- 18 & 19 April 2020
- 16 & 17 May 2020
- 27 & 28 June 2020
- 11 & 12 July 2020
- 15 & 16 August 2020
- 26 & 27 September 2020
- 31 October & 1 November 2020
- 21 & 22 November 2020
- 5 & 6 December 2020
“It was a fantastic class and we are both so psyched up and motivated for the birth after it! It was really very inspiring to have that affirmation and support as it confirmed our philosophy on the birth process and how we feel about natural normalised birth.
I have recommended the antenatal classes to all my friends and colleagues who are pregnant as we got so much out of it.” ~ Bridget and Giela