It was a fantastic class and we are both so psyched up and motivated for the birth after it! It was really very inspiring to have that affirmation and support as it confirmed our philosophy on the birth process and how we feel about natural normalised birth.
I have recommended the antenatal classes to all my friends and colleagues who are pregnant as we got so much out of it. Bridget and Giela
Come and spend a weekend with Mother Instinct to prepare you for your birthing. At our antenatal classes we use a variety of teaching methods to ensure active participation.
What our course covers
- Optimise the chances of a good birth experience.
- Equip you with information to make informed choices.
- What to expect during labour and birth.
- Clarify what a woman’s needs are during labour.
- Demistifying pain during labour and birth.
- Explanation of different pain relief methods.
- Signs of labour and when to contact your birth team.
- Body movement and positions for labour.
- What your birth partner and /or Doula can do for you.
- Your birth plan.
- Making difficult decisions during labour and birth.
- Providing guidance for birth partner.
- Breastfeeding basics.
- The early days with your new baby.
Cost: R1850 per couple.
This covers the cost of a weekend for both you and your partner. This includes muffins and fruit for breakfast on the Saturday and Sunday.
Each couple will be given handouts and selected resource information to use for their births. New parents will share their experience at each class.
Workshops are held over a weekend on a Saturday and Sunday from 08:30 to 13:00.
- August: 24, 25.
- September: 21, 22.
- October: 12, 13.
- November: 16, 17.
- December: 7, 8.
Genesis Clinic Consulting Rooms, 5 Northwold Drive, Saxonwold.
Get in touch
Antenatal Course Facilitators
Co-owner of Mother Instinct
The way I perceived birth was revealed to me when I tagged along with my sister to a midwives conference in Paris, France. I sat in on a talk and video about water birth and cried as a “reborn” throughout! Read more about me.
My aim is to provide parents with helpful information and a variety of solutions for you to try. I approach this through gentle parenting – which I believe is the closest to how nature intended. Read more about me.