Recommended by most doctors and midwives, prenatal yoga offers a multitude of benefits to both mother and baby throughout pregnancy, during birth and beyond.
Benefits of Pregnancy Yoga
- Joint exercises – perfect for poor circulation, swelling/water retention and excellent to improve mobility. Also prepares the body for squatting and other birthing positions.
- Gentle Stretches and strong postures – maintains supple and toned muscles. Builds strength.
- Breathing – balances the autonomic nervous system which regulates the major systems of the body and controls hormonal secretions. Deep breathing increases the intake of oxygen to both mother and baby. ‘Birthing breaths’ aid in the preparation for a calm birthing.
- Yoga Nidra – During this relaxation technique one gains an abundance of energy from gaining the equivalent of 2 hours deep sleep in just 20 minutes! Yoga Nidra also regulates fluctuating blood pressure and promotes inner communication between you and your child, as well as assisting in the release of any impressions associated with the fear of birthing.
- In addition, by developing a deeper awareness of your body, a powerful connection between a mother and her child is established.
- By developing a deeper awareness of your body, a powerful connection between a mother and her child is established
- Tuesdays: 18:00 t0 19:15
- Thursdays: 18:00 t0 19:15