Bundle of Joy Package: R30 970.00
First-time Mothers: Birthing with a Private Midwife in a Private Luxury Family Room.
The Private Ward Fee for a Luxury Family Room will be R1500 payable on Pre-Admission as from 1 April 2017.
*We kindly need to inform our private/non-medical aid clients that Genesis Maternity Clinic requires the upfront deposit of R30 970.00. Unfortunately admission will be declined if the deposit payment has not been made in full by 36 weeks of pregnancy. Should a private client choose to birth in the In-House Birth Unit, please view the fees here.
We have partnered with First Health Finance should you require financial assistance with your deposit. Please contact them directly on 0800 212 537 or www.fhf.co.za for more information. If you qualify for the full amount, the deposit payment falls away as First Health Finance pay us directly.
Private Midwife-led birth, staying for two nights after the birth in a Private Luxury Family Room.
The Bundle of Joy Package fee structure is for all first time moms with non-medical aid and who want to birth in a Private Luxury Family Room. Couples will be supported by their chosen Private Midwife for the duration of the labour and birth of their baby. A deposit of R30 970.00 is required for birthing in a Private Luxury Family Room. (This includes the costs for a Caesarean if needed, but will be refunded if mom has a normal birth.) Couples are welcome to bring along their own birth support team, such as a private doula. Moms, and dads, stay over to rest and recuperate in a Private Luxury Family Room for the duration of their stay at Genesis.
*All private clients are required to put their baby on a Medical Aid before birth.
Normal Birth: Following a Normal Birth, the following fees will be taken out of the deposit fees of R30 970.00 and the remainder of the deposit will be refunded to the client.
- Normal Delivery Facility Fee for a Private Luxury Family Room: R11 700.00
- Paediatrician Fee for a Normal Birth: R1320.00
Included in the R30 970.00 deposit fee: (In the event of a Caesarean Section):
- Three night stay in a Private Luxury Family Room.
- Caesarean Section R25 560.00 (excludes the gynaecologists fee for performing the Caesarean).
- Paediatrician Fee for a Caesarean R3490.00.
- Epidural for a Caesarean R1920.00 (excludes the anaesthetist’s fee for administering the epidural.)
Excluded from the deposit of R30 970.00 and excluded from the cost of a possible Caesarean.
- The anaesthetist’s fee for performing an epidural. This fee must be settled directly with the anaesthetist.
- Antenatal and postnatal consultations with a Private Midwife.
- Consultations with a Genesis affiliated gynaecologist as your back-up doctor.
- Any Lancet laboratory fees are to be paid directly to Lancet.
- Any scans done with the sonographer
- Antenatal overnight observation
- Additional Night – Mom & Baby
- Additional meals
- Private doulas
- Any additional NST’s.
- If required, transfer/medical costs of baby to a hospital. You will be responsible for this fee. Alternatively you need to have access to R250 000 immediately to admit your baby into another private facility's Neonatal ICU.) For this reason it is highly recommended that your baby be put onto a medical aid before the birth. You will be responsible for this fee.
Each Luxury Family Room has the following Amenities:
- Kingsize bed
- Waterbirth tub
- Baby bassinette
- En suite bathroom
- Small fridge
- Cd player
- Coffee and tea station
- Private garden and patio
Antenatal and Postnatal Consultations and Delivery Fees with a Private Midwife:
All billing for antenatal consultation and delivery fees must be settled directly with the Private Midwife. You will choose a Private Midwife that practices at Genesis Maternity Clinic. You may choose your midwife by viewing their contact details here. (Please note that you would personally need to contact your chosen Private Midwife to book your appointment, as they are in Private Practice).
Epidural for a Normal Birth: R1920.00
Should you wish to have an epidural during labour, an anaesthetist will administer the procedure and you will be responsible for payment to the anaesthetist.
Genesis recommends that your baby be assessed by a paediatrician before going home. The paediatrician fees for a normal birth are included in the R31 570.00 deposit.
- Paediatrician Fee for a Normal Birth: R1320.00
- Paediatrician Fee for a Caesarean: R3490.00
Genesis endorses the support of doulas. This is at the client’s own costs and excluded in the deposit.
2D Ultrasound Scans
For bookings and details of ultrasound scans please view here. This is at the client’s own costs and excluded in the deposit.
Lancet Laboratory Tests
Any Lancet laboratory fees are to be paid directly to Lancet. This is at the client’s own costs and excluded in the deposit.
Antenatal Overnight Observation
Should you need overnight observation during your pregnancy: R2 660.00. This is at the client’s own costs and excluded in the deposit.
Additional Night for Mom and Baby
Any extra nights over and above your 2 night stay will be charged at R1065.00 (Excluded in the deposit).
Additional NST’s are charged R200.00
Monitoring your Baby’s well-being during Pregnancy. The CTG is also know as a Non-Stress Tests and are offered 24 hours per day and if you are concerned about baby’s movements, please notify the Clinic or midwife. Genesis includes the first 3 free CTG readings during your pregnancy.
Billibed Hire / Day
R320.00 (Excluded in the deposit).
Additional Meals: R50
Genesis can provide extra meals at a cost of R50.00 per meal. Any special dietary requirements may incur additional costs.