Medical Aid Client Information:
- Medical aid clients will be charged according to the Life Healthcare scale of benefits, as negotiated by your medical aid. You are responsible for enquiring with your Medical Aid. The duration of your stay is dependant on your Medical Aid plan.
- You may choose to birth in a Luxury Family Room, or in a the In-House Birth Unit, respective fees apply.
- You may choose to birth with either your choice of a private midwife or one of the staff midwives.
- You should contact your medical aid to obtain details of the billing and fees charged for private midwives, obstetricians and anaesthetists and any other external other service providers.
- Bestmed and Medihelp Necesse clients have a shorter stay for a normal delivery ~ 12 hours from time of admission. If you would like to stay longer than this time, additional fees will apply.
- Medical insurance clients are considered private clients. If a letter of guarantee is supplied from the medical insurance company, you do not need to pay a deposit. Any shortfall however is payable.
- Please note that women who have had a previous C-section and would like to try for a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Caesarean), must use the services of a private midwife.