A Normal Birth in a Luxury Family Room includes:
- Mom and baby stay up to 2 nights after the birth.
- In the event of an emergency caesarean section, mom and baby stay three nights to recuperate.
- Postnatal observation by our midwives.
- First three NST (Non Stress Tests) are free.
- Mom and baby gift bag.
- All meals for your duration.
Each Luxury Family Room has the following Amenities:
- Kingsize bed
- Waterbirth tub
- Baby bassinette
- En suite bathroom
- Small fridge
- Cd player
- Coffee and tea station
- Private garden and patio
The Luxury Family Room Facility Fees for a Normal Birth excludes the following:
- In the event that you may need to undergo an emergency caesarean , your medical aid will be charged according to the Life Healthcare scale of benefits as negotiated by your medical aid. Please note that certain foreign medical aids may or may not be covered. We do not deal with Medical Insurance or Top Up Policies. Any client with a foreign medical aid that is not covered will need to put down a deposit as a private patient and claim back from their medical aid after the birth. (Please refer to the private rate fees below for this information).
- Caesarean Section: R18 150.00 (excludes the gynaecologists fee for performing the Caesarean).
- Paediatrician Fee for a Caesarean R3490.00.
- Epidural for a Caesarean R1920.00
- The anaesthetist’s fee for performing an epidural. This fee must be settled directly with the anaesthetist.
- Consultations with a Genesis affiliated gynaecologist as your back-up doctor.
- Any Lancet laboratory fees are to be paid directly to Lancet.
- Any scans done with the sonographer.
- Antenatal overnight observation.
- Additional Night – Mom & Baby.
- Additional meals.
- Private doulas.
- Any additional NST’s.
- If required, transfer/medical costs of baby to a hospital. You will be responsible for this fee. Alternatively you need to have access to R250 000 immediately to admit your baby into another private facility's Neonatal ICU.) For this reason it is highly recommended that your baby be put onto a medical aid before the birth. You, or your medical aid will be responsible for this fee.
Private Midwife Fees for Antenatal and Postnatal Consultations and Delivery:
All billing for antenatal consultation and delivery fees must be settled directly with the Private Midwife. You will choose a Private Midwife that practices at Genesis Maternity Clinic. You may choose your midwife by viewing their contact details here. (Please note that you would personally need to contact your chosen Private Midwife to book your appointment, as they are in Private Practice.) You, or your medical aid will be responsible for this fee.
Gynaecologist and Anaesthetists Fees:
Clients must contact their medical aids and external service providers in regards to details for payments and fees charged for gynaecologists, anaesthetists and other external service providers in regards to details for billing and fees charged. You, or your medical aid will be responsible for this fee.
Genesis recommends that your baby be assessed by a paediatrician before going home. The paediatrician’s account will be submitted directly to your medical aid. You, or your medical aid will be responsible for this fee.
- Paediatrician Fee for a Normal Birth R1320.00
- Paediatrician Fee for a Caesarean R3490.00
Genesis endorses the support of doulas. This is at the client’s own costs.
2D Ultrasound Scans
For bookings and details of ultrasound scans please view here. You, or your medical aid will be responsible for this fee.
Lancet Laboratory Tests
Any Lancet laboratory billing will be submitted to your Medical Aid.
Antenatal Overnight Observation
Should you need overnight observation during your pregnancy: R2 660.00. You, or your medical aid will be responsible for this fee.
Additional Night for Mom and Baby
Any extra nights over and above your 2 night stay will be charged at R1065.00 per night. You, or your medical aid will be responsible for this fee.
Additional NST’s are charged R200.00
Monitoring your Baby’s well-being during Pregnancy. The CTG is also know as a Non-Stress Tests and are offered 24 hours per day and if you are concerned about baby’s movements, please notify the Clinic or midwife. Genesis includes the first 3 free CTG readings during your pregnancy. You, or your medical aid will be responsible for this fee.
Billibed Hire /Per Day
R320.00. You, or your medical aid will be responsible for this fee.
Additional Meals: R50
Genesis can provide extra meals at a cost of R50.00 per meal. Any special dietary requirements may incur additional costs.