The Genesis In-House Birth Unit Facility Fees for a Normal Birth includes:
- Mom and baby stay up to 2 nights after the birth.
- In the event of an emergency caesarean section, mom and baby stay three nights to recuperate.
- Postnatal observation by our midwives.
- First three NST (Non Stress Tests) are free.
- Mom and baby gift bag.
- All meals for your duration.
Each semi-private room has the following amenities:
Please note: Each mother births in a beautifully appointed private birth room through the entire labour and birth. We have two birth rooms in our In-House Birth Unit. Each birth room has a birth tub for labour and a waterbirth, as well as an en suite shower for convenience and each room is decorated with a touch of style to create an environment of tranquillity and comfort.
- Single bed
- Baby bassinette
- Shared en suite bathroom
- Small fridge
- Coffee and tea station
The Genesis In-House Birth Unit Facility Fees for a Normal Birth excludes the following:
- In the event that you may need to undergo an emergency caesarean , your medical aid will be charged according to the Life Healthcare scale of benefits as negotiated by your medical aid. Please note that certain foreign medical aids may or may not be covered. We do not deal with Medical Insurance or Top Up Policies. Any client with a foreign medical aid that is not covered will need to put down a deposit as a private patient and claim back from their medical aid after the birth. (Please refer to the private rate fees below for this information).
- Caesarean Section: R17 660.00 (excludes the gynaecologists fee for performing the Caesarean).
- Paediatrician Fee for a Caesarean: R3200.00.
- Epidural for a Caesarean R1700.00.
- The anaesthetist’s fee for performing an epidural.
- Consultation Fees with a Genesis affiliated gynaecologist as your back-up doctor.
- Any Lancet laboratory fees are to be paid directly to Lancet.
- Any scans done with the sonographer.
- Antenatal overnight observation.
- Additional Night – Mom & Baby.
- Additional meals.
- Private doulas.
- Any additional NST’s.
- If required, transfer/medical costs of baby to a hospital. You will be responsible for this fee. Alternatively you need to have access to R250 000 immediately to admit your baby into another private facility's Neonatal ICU.) For this reason it is highly recommended that your baby be put onto a medical aid before the birth. You, or your medical aid will be responsible for this fee.
Consultation Fees with the Genesis Staff Midwife:
- Midwife In-HouseDelivery Fee:
- R3650 (This amount is payable upfront, before the birth).
- Antenatal Consultations: You, or your medical aid will be responsible for this fee.
- First consultation: R250
- Antenatal birth preparation consultation: R250
- Antenatal consultations: R200
- Weekly until 28 weeks of pregnancy
- Bi-weekly until 37 weeks of pregnancy
- Weekly until birth
- Postnatal consultations: You, or your medical aid will be responsible for this fee.
- 3 to 4 days after the birth of your baby: R200
- 3 weeks postnatally: R200
- 6 weeks postnatally, which includes a papsmear: R200
Gynaecologist and Anaesthetists Fees:
Clients must contact their medical aids and external service providers in regards to details for payments and fees charged for gynaecologists, anaesthetists and other external service providers in regards to details for billing and fees charged. You, or your medical aid will be responsible for this fee.
Genesis recommends that your baby be assessed by a paediatrician before going home. The paediatrician’s account will be submitted directly to your medical aid.
- Paediatrician Fee for a Normal Birth R1080.00
- Paediatrician Fee for a Caesarean R3200.00
Genesis endorses the support of doulas. This is at the client’s own costs.
2D Ultrasound Scans
For bookings and details of ultrasound scans please view here. You, or your medical aid will be responsible for this fee.
Lancet Laboratory Tests
Any Lancet laboratory billing will be submitted to your Medical Aid.
Antenatal Overnight Observation
Should you need overnight observation during your pregnancy: R2 230.00. You, or your medical aid will be responsible for this fee.
Additional Night for Mom and Baby
Any extra nights over and above your 2 night stay will be charged at R800.00 per night. You, or your medical aid will be responsible for this fee.
Additional NST’s are charged R200.00
Monitoring your Baby’s well-being during Pregnancy. The CTG is also know as a Non-Stress Tests and are offered 24 hours per day and if you are concerned about baby’s movements, please notify the Clinic or midwife. Genesis includes the first 3 free CTG readings during your pregnancy. You, or your medical aid will be responsible for this fee.
Billibed Hire /Per Day
R320.00. You, or your medical aid will be responsible for this fee.
Additional Meals: R50
Genesis can provide extra meals at a cost of R50.00 per meal. Any special dietary requirements may incur additional costs.