When you birth in one of our beautiful Luxury Family Rooms, you birth with one of our affiliated Private Midwives in Private Practice.
The Private Midwives will ensure that you are well prepared, both physically and emotionally during your pregnancy and for the birth of your baby. You will have received all the necessary check-ups and education at your prenatal consultations, including your appointments with our affiliated gynaecologists. Your midwife will provide comforting support, grounded reassurance and professional clinical care on the day of the birth of your baby.
Moms labour, birth and recuperate in our private and serene, Luxury Family Rooms. Each room has ample space and is a tranquil environment to move about freely whilst you are in labour. The birth tub provides women with the choice to have a waterbirth if desired. Necessary medical supplies and equipment are always close at hand. At each birth, a second Genesis staff Midwife attends the birth as well. With our state-of-the-art theatre and our neonatal high care unit, you are reassured that we have all the necessary medical back-up in the event of a caesarean section that may be needed.
After the birth, you recover in the same luxury family room, with a king-sized bed, together with your newborn. Partners stay the first night for free as we encourage families to bond with their new baby.
During your stay at Genesis, you can expect one-on-one care from our staff midwives, your choice of labour support people, privacy and respect. You can expect appropriate monitoring and freedom of movement in birth position. The Genesis staff midwives will care for your baby in the immediate postnatal stage, assist with facilitating breastfeeding and check-ups. You can rest assured that you and your baby’s well-being are of primary concern.
We have eight private Luxury Family Rooms:
Lavender, Rosemary, Calendula, Juniper, Geranium, Sage, Jasmine and Willowleaf
- Each mom stays in her own, beautifully appointed private room through the entire labour, birth and recuperation period.
- Dad rooms in for free fro the first night.
- The rooms are large with king sized beds and cribs to accommodate rooming in, are decorated with a touch of style to create an environment of tranquillity and comfort and open on to their own enclosed, private gardens.
- Each room has an en suite bathroom with a birthing bath for labour as well as a shower for convenience.
- Visiting is at the discretion of mothers, with no visiting hours stipulated by the clinic itself.
- At Genesis Clinic, the environment and service is designed to make you feel comfortable, safe and enveloped in luxury while ensuring optimum care for you and your precious newborn.
- Please note that Genesis Clinic has eight private rooms with birthing tubs and one shared room without a bath (recovery room). The clinic reserves the right to move a client who has had 24 hours post partum in her private room into the recovery room if the space is required for another birthing client. This is in the interest of all Genesis moms getting the birthing experience they deserve.