Hypnobirthing Antenatal Course
HypnoBirthing teaches you to release all prior programming about birth, how to trust your body and work with it, and how to free yourself of harmful emotions, like fear, that cause muscles to become unyielding, which causes pain.
Theoni Papoutsis: Registered HypnoBirthing Facilitator, is affiliated with the HypnoBirthing Institute. Theoni is one of only a few certified HypnoBirthing practitioners in South Africa and she has 10 years of experience in teaching this course. Using HypnoBirthing methods she teaches mothers and partners techniques that facilitate safe and satisfying birthing. These include guided imagery, visualization, and special breathing.
Theoni has had the honour of attending hundreds of births. Through the two decades worth of firsthand experience that she has gained by being involved in the world of pregnancy, childbirth and motherhood, she has honed a unique and wide range of expertise that help her to be a compassionate and knowledgeable guide for women during various transitions from wanting to start a family, through pregnancy, birth and motherhood.
What HypnoBirthing is and how it works:
The HypnoBirthing Childbirth method is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing, and stress-free method of birthing. HypnoBirthing teaches you and your partner to call upon your body’s own natural relaxant, thereby lessening, even eliminating, discomfort and the need for medication. When a woman is properly prepared for childbirth and when mind and body are in harmony, nature is free to function in the same well designed manner that it does with all other creatures.
What you will learn:
- How achieve a safer, easier and more comfortable birth.
- How to explode the myth that pain is a necessary accompaniment to labour.
- What is wrong with the concept of labour as it exists with most other childbirth methods.
- Techniques to achieve deep relaxation in order to help you eliminate the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome.
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture and birth your baby with ease and comfort.
- How to create your body’s own natural relaxant, the only safe labour enhancement.
- Natural ways to bring your body into labour without artificial, chemical induction.
- How you and your partner can create a birthing environment that is calm, serene and joyful, rather than tense and stressful.
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world.
- Using your natural birthing instincts to birth your baby in a way that mirrors the way that nature intended.
Course Schedule for 2018:
Weekday Courses are held over five consecutive Wednesday evenings from 19:00 to 21:30.
- April 2018: 18, 25, 2, 9 & 16 May
- September 2018: 5,12,19,26 & 4 October
- November 7, 14, 21, 28 & 4 December
Weekend Courses are held over a weekend; Friday: 18:30 to 20:30, Saturday 08:30 to 13:00 and Sunday 08:30 to 13:00.
- March 2018: 9, 10 & 11
- June 2018: 1, 2 & 3
- July 2018: 13,14 & 15
- August 2018: 10, 11 & 12
- October 2018: 12, 13 & 14
- November 2018: 23, 24 & 25
Cost: R2300 for you and your partner (Mom or Doula is welcome too): Includes a HypnoBirthing book, 2 CD's, notes, refreshments and light snack. New parents will share their HypnoBirthing experience at each course. Booking is essential.
Venue: Genesis Maternity Clinic, 5 Northwold Dr, Cnr Jan Smuts Avenue Saxonwold, Johannesburg.
Theoni on 083 229 3253