“I think one of the best things we could do would be to help women/parents/families is to discover their own birth power from within themselves and to let them know it’s always been there, they just needed to tap into it.” - John H. Kennell, MD, world renowned pediatrician
When you birth at Genesis Clinic, your primary caregiver will be a private midwife who has seen you during your pregnancy.
Please view our list of Private Midwives. When you have met with your midwife, she will refer you to one of the ob/gyns who either operate from or support Genesis Clinic.Please view our list of Gynaecologists. This doctor will be your back-up practitioner.
What do I need to bring?
Genesis Clinic has tried to provide you with as many of the necessary supplies for your birth experience as possible.The bar fridge in your room will be stocked with a bottle of water and fruit juice.
Mom will receive a beautiful care package on admission containing the following items:
- 1 packet of maternity pads (12)
- 12 breast pads
- 3 stretch panties
- 1 packet of nappies (Huggies)
- Surgical spirits / Wecesin powder (subject to availability)
- Wet wipes
- Baby wash
- Bum cream
- Cotton wool balls
- Clothes for your newborn
- three blankets and a towel for baby
- Music (your room has a cd player)
- Your camera and video camera – don’t forget cell phone chargers & batteries!
- A bag for dad with clothes, toiletries etc.
- Clothing for yourself – a few loose tee-shirts to labour in are usually a good idea
- A comfy bra, bikini or tank top for labouring in water
- Your toiletries – shampoo, face wash, toothbrush etc
- Facecloths to use in labour
- Candles/ images for visualization etc, if desired
“Dear Genesis Staff
Meals at Genesis Clinic
Moms & Dads receive three wholesome cooked meals on the first day, thereafter dad’s (and any additional meals you order through our kitchen) will be charged at R50 per meal. Our meals cater for Kosher, Vegetarian and Halaal dietary preferences.