|Flat View ||Monday, July 28, 2014|
| ||July 2014||August 2014|
|Monday, July 28, 2014|
|Edu-Birth Antenatal Classes ( 18:30 - 21:30 )
"Empowerment & Informed choice are the key to a positive birth experience"
Childbirth / Antenatal Classes are strongly recommended, as this is where you will find the answers to all of your questions. You will gain knowledge & understanding that will give you the confidence to anticipate your birth experience & motherhood with joy, enthusiasm & a positive attitude.
Edu-Birth offers you information & guidance which "empowers you" to make informed choices & decisions. We teach you breathing & relaxation techniques. We clarify your partners role & involvement as well as preparing you both for early parenthood. The classes also provide a support group for expectant & new parents.
"Let us join you on this miraculous journey into parenthood"
Booking is essential as available spaces are limited
Contact Info :
Karen van de Merwe
082 335 7731
|Tuesday, July 29, 2014|
|Mothers Birth Circle Workshop ( 10:00 - 12:00 )
Mothers Birthing Circle Workshop
Motherhood Unfolding & Becoming
This unique and nurturing workshop is for all mothers. Pre-crawling babies attend with their moms. Whether motherhood feels natural & wonderful or feels like the steepest and loneliest learning curve you've ever had; this workshop is for you. Self care is vital to a fulfilling experience as a mother. Each workshop is different depending on the mothers in the group. Every mother has her own journey. At the core is the spirit of unfolding - discovering who you are becoming, what you are letting go of, and defining how you want to be as women and as a mother.
Together in a small group we will explore:
- Birth of a Mother - who am I now?
- Fears - coping with feeling overwhelmed
- Job Description - good is good enough!
- Changing Relationships - with family, friends, lovers, co-workers and self
- Finding Balance - juggling and managing your energy
- Intuition - finding your own way
- Community - creating a support system
When: Tuesday mornings for 6 weeks
Dates: 21st, 28th January, 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th February
Where: Genesis Clinic - 5 Northwold Drive, Saxonwold
Time: 10h00 to 12h00
Investment: R900 - payment plans available (R100 discount for my doula clients)
Facilitator: Sally Baker
Book: RSVP with Sally - place is limited.
Bring: You and pre-crawling babies
Note: Materials and tea will be supplied
- "My favourite was the structured exercises that required deep thinking and introspection followed by group sharing. They got me to focus and to listen to my inner voice, which is so important, yet so neglected in the mad race of looking after babies...To sum it up - the mothers group was an enriching, educational and fun, life-saver!" ~ Joanne
"I loved being with other like minded women and I felt so much support. It really helped me feel good and confident as a mother. Thank you Sally" ~ Theresa
Click http://www.birthsupport.co.za/ to find out more about this workshop and me
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Contact Info :
|Thursday, July 31, 2014|
|Baby Gym ( 10:00 - 11:00 )
Contact Info :
- BabyGym focuses on physical development which provides a firm foundation for all future emotional, social and cognitive development.
- BabyGym 1: Offers 2 sessions for expecting moms and dads.
- BabyGym 2: Firm Foundations offers 5 classes (once a week) to Relax and unfold the baby’s body, Wake up the senses and Strengthen the muscles in the correct sequence. Moms, dads, caregivers and babies between 0-14 months are welcome!
- BabyGym 3: Advanced sessions offer exercises to reach specific physical milestones like sitting, crawling, standing and walking.
- Benefits of BabyGym:
- The BabyGym massage increase body awareness, removes toxins, reduces pain, increases blood circulation and joint flexibility
- BabyGym awakens & develops all 6 senses (touch, balance, smell, taste, hearing and sight)
- BabyGym develops muscle tone and strength
- BabyGym facilitates bonding between parent and baby
079 036 8531
|Yoga Mama ( 18:00 - 19:30 )
Recommended by most doctors and midwives, prenatal yoga offers a multitude of benefits to both mother and baby throughout pregnancy, during birth and beyond:
Contact Info :
- Joint exercises - perfect for poor circulation, swelling/water retention and excellent to improve mobility. Also enhances squatting and other birthing positions.
- Gentle Stretching - maintains supple and toned muscles.
- Breathing – balances the autonomic nervous system which regulates the major systems of the body and controls hormonal secretions. Deep breathing increases the intake of oxygen to both mother and baby. ‘Birthing breaths’ aid in the preparation for a calm birthing.
- Yoga Nidra - Blood pressure is also lowered and during this relaxation technique and one gains the equivalent of 4 hours deep sleep. Yoga Nidra also promotes inner communication with your child and assists in releasing any impressions associated with the fear of birthing.
- In addition, by developing a deeper awareness of your body, a powerful connection between a mother and her child is established.
076 081 7615