|Flat View ||Sunday, May 26, 2013|
| ||May 2013||June 2013|
|Sunday, May 26, 2013|
|Mother Instinct Antenatal Workshops ( 08:30 - 12:00 )
ESSENTIAL BIRTH PREPARATION ANTENATAL
CLASS WEEKEND WORKSHOP
Come and spend a weekend with us to prepare you for your birthing. We use a variety of teaching methods to ensure active participation.
These sessions aim to:
- Equip you with information to make informed choices regarding method of birth and place of birth
- Optimise chances of a good birth experience
- What to expect during labour and birth and clarify what a woman’s needs are during labour
- Demistifying pain during labour and birth and discussion on different pain relief methods
- Signs of labour and when to contact your birth team
- Body movement and positions for labour and birth & perineal massage
- What your birth partner and /or Doula can do for you
- Your birth plan and how to make difficult decisions during labour and birth
- Provide guidance for birth partner
- Breastfeeding basics
- The early days with your new baby
Additional speakers include: A Doula and a new mom and dad.
Due to overwhelming request, as the pregnant moms and dads find two FULL days too long, our workshop will be held over 3 half days. as from January 2013
The cost is R1 400 for the weekend for both you and your partner. This includes a snack on Friday evenings and muffins and fruit for breakfast. (Saturday and Sunday)
The classes are held at Genesis Clinic, Cnr Jan Smuts avenue and Northwold drive, Saxonwold, Johannesburg.
Contact Info :
You will receive complimentary gift and each couple will be given handouts and selected resource information to use for their births.
|Monday, May 27, 2013|
|Edu Birth Antenatal Classes ( 18:30 - 21:30 )
"Empowerment & Informed choice are the key to a positive birth experience"
It is a 7 week course for the full course.
The first four are for the refresher course.
Childbirth / Antenatal Classes are strongly recommended, as this is where you will find the answers to all of your questions. You will gain knowledge & understanding that will give you the confidence to anticipate your birth experience & motherhood with joy, enthusiasm & a positive attitude.
Edu-birth offers you information & guidance which "empowers you" to make informed choices & decisions. We teach you breathing & relaxation techniques. We clarify your partners role & involvement as well as preparing you both for early parenthood. The classes also provide a support group for expectant & new parents.
"Let us join you on this miraculous journey into parenthood"
Booking is essential as available spaces are limited
Contact Info :
Karen van der Merwe
082 335 7731
|Tuesday, May 28, 2013|
|Wednesday, May 29, 2013|
|Baby Support Group ( 10:00 - 12:15 )
Baby Support – Moms and Babes Gathering
Contact Info :
- R60 a visit.
- Support group held in the training room at Genesis Clinic.
- Weigh babies, and keep weight cards).
- Breastfeeding support (Laura is a Lactation consultant (IBCLC).
- Parental advice.
- Emotional support.
- Mom-to-mom networking.
- 10h00 – 12h15, on Wednesdays.
- Tea, coffee and snacks provided.
083 301 2826